A dental implant is a small titanium screw used to replace a missing natural root. Our Gatineau dentist may place a dental implant to help replace a missing tooth and restore your smile.Request An Appointment
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants can help improve the appearance and function of your smile by replacing a single lost tooth or multiple missing teeth. Dental implants can help to:
- Provide a secure anchor for crowns, bridges or dentures
- Protect adjacent teeth from shifting
- Resolve bite issues or jaw joint pain
- Enhance your ability to chew and speak
- Restore appearance of facial tissue
- Maintain jaw bone levels to minimize the appearance of ageing
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are surgically placed into the jaw bone to serve as an anchor to replace a tooth.
The Implant Procedure
Your dentist will start by placing the implant into your jaw bone below the gum tissue. During the healing process, the implant will bond with the adjacent bone and attach to the gum. After 3 or 6 months, once it healed, you will return to our office to finish the procedure.
At this final appointment, your dentist will attach a tooth replacement, such as a dental crown, bridge or denture to the implant to create the apparence and function of a natural tooth.